This commercial from Waterislife.com ask you to donate money to help bring clean water to those in need.
I really dislike this as well as the #firstworldproblem tag.
It always paints African people as ‘other’ as if there if you live in a country other than a western one, you don’t have the same problems.
There are middle class people in African countries who have exactly the same problems as well as others like
- mum won’t let me drive drive the Benz, I’m only allowed to drive the toyota
- no holiday in the US this year cos I wasn’t serious at school
- I hate when my fruit is not fresh
- I hate when we eat stew that was cooked yesterday, (we cook fresh food daily)
- I’m 16 & my parent won’t let me move into the bungalow at the bottom of the garden for privacy
- My personal tailor is on holiday
How’s that for perspective?. Can you imagine a middle class European having a personal tailor? refusing non-fresh fruit, or quibbling over being asked to stew cooked only yesterday?. I wonder if anyone ever looks at that perspective
despite the comment I made above, I do want to say that I enjoy your blog. It’s cool. This # just sets my teeth on edge
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>